1949

Burl quickly expands, moving from Detroit to Roseville, Michigan


1934

Burl Matthew opens his first honing shop in a one-car garage in Detroit, Michigan. Commercial Honing Co., was founded, as Matthew hand-hones cylinders, walking back and forth the full length of the steel tube to hone the inside diameter of the steel tube.



1969

Burl welcomes his son-in-law to the operation by opening up a machine shop in Scottsdale, Arizona, on Hayden Road.


1994

CoHone Industries is sold to Paul Campbell, who continued the focus of service and repair of hydraulic cylinders, pumps and motors. The company name is updated to Cohone Technologies.

Leadership, Quality and Reliability

Our Commitment to You


2014

Cohone Technologies moves to our new state-of-the-art building in Gilbert, AZ.

2007

Roger Campbell purchases the service portion of Cohone Technologies from his brother, giving Cohone Technologies Sales and Service a new foundation.

1957

Burl expands again, setting up shop in Hamlet, Indiana, serving the Chicago area. The Indiana plant, opens with six honing machines running.


1964

Burl returns to Michigan, this time in neighboring Jackson, Michigan.



1960

Burl continues to expand, this time to Knox, Indiana. The Knox division introduces service and repairing honing equipment. The Knox division also begins supplying honing stones for other area plants.


1979

Burl sells the Indiana operations to Copperweld Corporation, in efforts to focus more on the repair of hydraulic cylinders, pumps, and motors.


1975

The Scottsdale, AZ, shop relocates to Chandler, AZ, citing rapid honing business.